lvwutil32.llb library setup

I am using the lvwutil32.llb and have a problem with seeing all the vis that are in the llb. For instance in the winutil.llb there are about 20 vis and when I click on the block diagram I can't see them all (like the Extract Window Origin / Size.vi ) but if I download a vi that has it in it it doesn't seem to have a problem locating it or executing it. Any idea whats causing this or am I crazy?

Thanks,

B-

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (Yair @ Aug 13 2008, 11:29 AM)

When you click on which block diagram? Did you try opening the LLB using File>>Open? Did you try placing it in user.lib and then looking in the palettes?

I can see them from file>>open. They are placed in the user.lib and that is where I am having a hard time seeing all of them from the palettes.

VIs in LLBs are displayed in the user.lib palettes only if they are marked as top level VIs. The VIs you want are not marked as top level. You can either change that by using the LLB editor (from the Tools menu, I think) or you can edit the palettes and add them manually.

• 4 years later...

Did you try searching for it online? It should be on NI's site and I believe it was updated at some point (so if you're currently working on LV 5, you might have to look in order to find an old version, or you could try asking someone at NI's version conversion board to convert it back for you).

• Like 1

Found LV 6.0 and 8.2 versions posted on the following page:
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4935

LV 4.0.1 version located here:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2986FC3AE5CC1E3C86256C3F006EE656

See attached for each one.

Because of the title of this thread, I had in my head that I was looking for some really old version called "lvwutil32.llb", which turns out not to exist.  Looks like the main difference between LV 6.0 and LV 8.2 versions is the replacement of "/" in filenames with "-".  As you know, LLBs supported "/" in names but Windows doesn't - and, as folks started moving away from LLBs for LVLIBs, the habit of using prohibited characters stopped making sense.

Aside 1:  In this LV 5 code (by Aivaliotis, ironically) one of the LLB files I'm missing is "Extract Window Origin - Size.vi" (not "Extract Window Origin / Size.vi", as I'd expect).
Aside 2:  Mike, if you're listening, would appreciate a version of "DIC Software Library" that includes "D Sort 2D(SGL) array by row or column.vi", ...

lvwutil32_4.0.zip

lvwutil32_6.0.zip

lvwutil32_8.2.zip