speed control

electrika

Hi,

I am trying to control the speed of a 3-axes system which controls the motion of a tool in the three directions. How can I control the velocity of this tool? I have an existing labview program to do this. But need to be able to change the velocity with which the tool moves. Is it possible to do this?

Thank you for your attention.

QUOTE (electrika @ Aug 18 2008, 10:05 AM)

Hi,

I am trying to control the speed of a 3-axes system which controls the motion of a tool in the three directions. How can I control the velocity of this tool? I have an existing labview program to do this. But need to be able to change the velocity with which the tool moves. Is it possible to do this?

We are going to need a lot more information. It is difficult to answer your question without knowing what you are controlling, what are you controlling it with (hardware used), what have you already tried, etc. Post your code so we can see what you are working with.

QUOTE (electrika @ Aug 18 2008, 07:05 PM)

Hi,

I control multiple axis, but as already told we need to know more about your hardware / software used to help you...

do you use a NI-Motion Controller?

in which mode does he opperate absolute/relative contouring, position mode, or whateve?

if you change the speed you could get problems with your system (it can become instable..)

I use a Newport PM500C Precision Motion Controller....actually the Z motion of the system has a feed back system, there is a digital balance kept below and I am trying to maintain a constant(specified) weight. But the speed with which the motor moves down is different for different specified weights. But now I want to maintain a constant speed of the Z axis throughout irrespective of the weight specifed.

I am thinking that an open loop will work for me in this case but I am not sure if it will affect the system stability.

Sorry for a delayed reply. I hope you guys can still help me with this.

Thanks.

QUOTE (martin@aerodynamics @ Aug 19 2008, 08:17 AM)

I control multiple axis, but as already told we need to know more about your hardware / software used to help you...

do you use a NI-Motion Controller?

in which mode does he opperate absolute/relative contouring, position mode, or whateve?

if you change the speed you could get problems with your system (it can become instable..)