Export VIs from LLB Manager

Hi guys,

I am trying to use an .exe labview file to get some drivers for a device. When I open the .exe file with LabVIEW, it displays all the sub VIs and allows me to copy/paste anywhere I like. When its time to open those sub VIs, my current version 8.5.1 does not allow me to open the version 7 in which they were probably created.

Is there a way around this, as I don't have LV 7.0 and nor do I have access to the original code.

Thank you,

Busher

QUOTE (busher @ Aug 21 2008, 10:22 AM)

Is there a way around this, as I don't have LV 7.0 and nor do I have access to the original code.

Thank you,

Busher

short answer is No. The VI's in the exe anyway don't have diagrams and front panels anyway, so even if you had 7.1 it wouldn't work.

Neville.

The VIs inside an EXE cannot be recompiled as their diagrams are gone. So they cannot be loaded into any other version of LV other than the one they were last compiled for. They also cannot run without the version of the runtime engine that they were compiled for. They also cannot run on any other platform (Mac, Windows, Linux) than the one they were compiled for.

Essentially, extracting VIs from an EXE is a useless exercise.