problem with analysis, modifying and storing a real time signal

sukhiray

I have to analysis a real time signal. I have acquired signal properly. Now I have to do three major things---

1. I have to change the time axis into deg. the relation b/w these two is like that

deg. value, say, D=t*5000*75 t is in sec.

and then have to plot the signal against this D

2. Now I have to store the signal values in Excel file.

3. I just have to plot only one cycle of this signal and have to stop the program automatically just after plotting one cycle of the signal. (I think, as it is a real time signal nothing but comparing the amplitude can help to detect the completeness of the cycle.)

Please help me to solve this problem.

QUOTE (sukhiray @ Sep 10 2008, 02:59 AM)

1. I have to change the time axis into deg. the relation b/w these two is like that

deg. value, say, D=t*5000*75 t is in sec.

and then have to plot the signal against this D

There's not really enough information to help you with your third item. You can find examples for your second item (interfacing with Excel).

For the first item, you seem to have a formula (though I don't understand your constants) to convert the dt into a delta-angle (d-Theta). I assume you're using a waveform, so all you'd need to do for the plot is to replace dt with the new value and ignore the timestamp in any plot.

Tim

Just forget about the values given in the equation. consider it as

D=t*A where A is a constant.

X axis of waveform graph can be converted during plotting, but how can I store this converted axises ingformations. If I store it before plotting, it will store Y axis values against time. After plotting with modified X axis, I could not able to take any output from graph to write it in Excel file.

I have attached a flow chart with this post. please go through it.

QUOTE (Tim_S @ Sep 10 2008, 08:37 PM)

There's not really enough information to help you with your third item. You can find examples for your second item (interfacing with Excel).

For the first item, you seem to have a formula (though I don't understand your constants) to convert the dt into a delta-angle (d-Theta). I assume you're using a waveform, so all you'd need to do for the plot is to replace dt with the new value and ignore the timestamp in any plot.

Tim

QUOTE (sukhiray @ Sep 10 2008, 11:42 PM)

After plotting with modified X axis, I could not able to take any output from graph to write it in Excel file.

Why not? It sounds like you already have X(t). So multiply that by your constant A, display it, and save it. Other than that, it's not really clear what your problem is and you haven't shown us what you've already tried.