Question about 3D Surface / 3D Plane

maybe

Hello,

I have a problem about the CWgraph3D Control, wondering if anyone has idea how to solve my problem.

So I have 3 points in space, and I am using the CWPlot3D->Plot3DMesh and give the x, y and z vector to have my surface /plane plotted. I am using a XY-Projection. and my 3 points are:

P1 : 0 0 1

P2 : 0 1 0

P3 : 0 0 0

And thus my x vector is <0 0 0>, y vector is < 0 1 0 >, z vector is <1 0 0>

And for the XY-Projection, I wil have three points which are:

P1' : 0 0

P2' : 0 1

P3' : 0 0

As you see, two points apperas to be overlaped each other, and I suppose to see a "line" (if the thickness of the plane is not 0) in the XY projection. Instead, in my plot I see nothing there. I tried to chanage the plot style to surface and line and nothing is shown. I assume it is because the plane is defined as 0 thickness. But I really want to show it as a line (so I want to increase the thickness), what can I do?

Thanks.

QUOTE (maybe @ Oct 10 2008, 04:01 PM)

Hello,

I have a problem about the CWgraph3D Control, wondering if anyone has idea how to solve my problem.

So I have 3 points in space, and I am using the CWPlot3D->Plot3DMesh and give the x, y and z vector to have my surface /plane plotted. I am using a XY-Projection. and my 3 points are:

P1 : 0 0 1

P2 : 0 1 0

P3 : 0 0 0

And thus my x vector is <0 0 0>, y vector is < 0 1 0 >, z vector is <1 0 0>

And for the XY-Projection, I wil have three points which are:

P1' : 0 0

P2' : 0 1

P3' : 0 0

As you see, two points apperas to be overlaped each other, and I suppose to see a "line" (if the thickness of the plane is not 0) in the XY projection. Instead, in my plot I see nothing there. I tried to chanage the plot style to surface and line and nothing is shown. I assume it is because the plane is defined as 0 thickness. But I really want to show it as a line (so I want to increase the thickness), what can I do?

Thanks.

Sorry but you lost me if it is not a simple as setting the line width for your plot.

Please post an example VI with the data saved as a default so someone can help out without having to code from step one.

Ben

QUOTE (neB @ Oct 10 2008, 09:09 PM)

Sorry but you lost me if it is not a simple as setting the line width for your plot.

Please post an example VI with the data saved as a default so someone can help out without having to code from step one.

Ben

Hello,

I tried to set line width, and it does nothing to it. Attached are the example and a function which converts color. Thanks.