How to send AT commands to a GSM modem using VISA

rajprj81

Hi all....!!!

I have connected a Benq G32R GSM modem to my laptop using RS-232 interface. I have already tested the modem by sending AT commands through Hyperterminal

and its working perfectly fine. Now in our application we have to read data from one RS-232 port and send sms using AT commands through another RS-232 port. We are

able to read the data using labview but unable to send AT commands through labview VISA.

Can you please guide us with the procedure to send AT commands using VISA.

When we write the commands we are not getting any response(OK) back. I mean the commands are not getting implemented.

awaiting for help.

thanks

raj.

QUOTE (rajprj81 @ Oct 12 2008, 10:39 PM)

Hi all....!!!

I have connected a Benq G32R GSM modem to my laptop using RS-232 interface. I have already tested the modem by sending AT commands through Hyperterminal

and its working perfectly fine. Now in our application we have to read data from one RS-232 port and send sms using AT commands through another RS-232 port. We are

able to read the data using labview but unable to send AT commands through labview VISA.

When we write the commands we are not getting any response(OK) back. I mean the commands are not getting implemented.

awaiting for help.

thanks

raj.

There are many threads about accessing serial instruments in general and AT command modems specificially here on this forum. Basically if it works in Hyperterminal but does not seem to work in LabVIEW you have likely forgotten to append the carriage return and/or line feed to the command. Hyperterminal does this when you hit the Enter key. LabVIEW simply sends whatever you tell it to send in the string. You also can enable VISA to append a single character automatically through VISA properties but I do prefer to disable that explicitedly and instead append those characters explicitedly to the command strings.

Rolf Kalbermatter

• 1 year later...

Hi Raj,

I checked your discussion that you had and I am also implementing a similar thing. Can you please tell me the AT commands that we need to pass in the LabVIEW inorder to send sms.

Its a GPRS Modem from Benq G 32R is the model number. Any help of yours in this regards is really appreciated. If you could share that code than it would be great.

Hoping for a reply from you.

Thanks and Regards,

Priyank

Hi all....!!!

awaiting for help.

thanks

raj.

Hi Raj,

I checked your discussion that you had and I am also implementing a similar thing. Can you please tell me the AT commands that we need to pass in the LabVIEW inorder to send sms.

Its a GPRS Modem from Benq G 32R is the model number. Any help of yours in this regards is really appreciated. If you could share that code than it would be great.

Hoping for a reply from you.

Thanks and Regards,

Priyank

Here Ya Go.

This'll put am sms into your unread box. You just need to send it then. This site is useful for common commands

Edited by ShaunR