Can I remove an element from the Register Event Callback node

I am making some modifications to the TestStand Full Featured operator interface and I need to remove an item from the middle of the Register Event Callback node seen below (it's about 3 times longer than pictured). With a property node, it is a matter of popping up on the node and selecting "Remove element". I see no such option on the Register Event Callback node. Is there an easy way to do this or am in for a few hours of re-wiring?

-Toby

post-8758-1225750075.png?width=400

QUOTE (TobyD @ Nov 4 2008, 12:10 AM)

I am making some modifications to the TestStand Full Featured operator interface and I need to remove an item from the middle of the Register Event Callback node seen below (it's about 3 times longer than pictured). With a property node, it is a matter of popping up on the node and selecting "Remove element". I see no such option on the Register Event Callback node. Is there an easy way to do this or am in for a few hours of re-wiring?

-Toby

Nope.

There seems indeed to be no "Remove Element" available on my machine either. I'm using LV 8.2.1.

Maybe it's easier to set the values to default values (Some newly created event which is never called?) and then just submit it to the Rube Goldberg section on the NI forum..... :P

Shane.

QUOTE (shoneill @ Nov 3 2008, 02:53 PM)

Maybe it's easier to set the values to default values (Some newly created event which is never called?) and then just submit it to the Rube Goldberg section on the NI forum..... :P

That's what I was thinking too. Either that, or run some ugly wires from the last item up to the middle to take the place of the one I want to remove (I am able to change an item in the middle, just not remove it) and then remove one item from the bottom.

Thanks,

Toby

QUOTE (Tomi Maila @ Nov 3 2008, 03:00 PM)

I think Remove element was added in 8.5. Maybe you can open the VI in 8.5 or later and save it back to what ever version you are using.

I'm actually using 8.6 and I only see Remove Element in the property and invoke nodes - not in the register events node. :(

QUOTE (Tomi Maila @ Nov 4 2008, 09:04 AM)

I didn't read well. Register for Events has a remove element in LV 8.6 but Register for Event Callback does not.

I don't know much about this stuff, but could you use an old LV trick where you change the node to "register for events", remove the offending element and then change back to "Register for Event Callback"?

A similar trick was used to make changes in enums<->rings.

Neville.

QUOTE (Neville D @ Nov 4 2008, 09:28 AM)

I don't know much about this stuff, but could you use an old LV trick where you change the node to "register for events", remove the offending element and then change back to "Register for Event Callback"?

It was a good idea, but that blows away the entire node and replaces it with a standard register for events node. I have it working now, I ended up making a copy of the node and placing it next to the existing one. Then it was pretty easy to set it up the way I wanted it before deleting the original and slipping the copy into it's place and connecting all the wires. I didn't have to "re-wire" much, mostly just reconnect.

-Toby