Modify a VI at runtime using scripting

I've been trying to create a cluster dynamically using scripting, starting from a template VI that I modify before I launch it (Run). It works fine in the development environment but I just can't make it work in EXE. Since I cannot add or remove controls and indicators while at runtime, I thought I'd save my *.vit in the same folder as exe, call it, add the controls dynamically and then "Run VI". I guess it was too simple because it crashed my application everytime...

Can I do that at runtime at all? I know some properties and methods are not available at runtime... Are the OpenG's "Additional Application Controls" VIs available only in the development environment?

Here's a snapshot of what I'm trying to do.

post-10515-1229100227.png?width=400

QUOTE (Ton @ Dec 12 2008, 12:04 PM)

This will fail unless you make contact with an IDE version of LabVIEW, the LabVIEW runtime doesn't have a compiler included.

Ton

Ahhh... And that's why those properties/methods are not available at runtime. (Somehow, I think it's the second time I ask a question that gets me this exact same answer ;) )

thanks Ton.