special control structure

Psyfusion

Hi!

I want to design an application with a number of inputs an two buttons. The task would be to set the inputs then press a button, then enter new settings, this has to continue until the other button is pressed. The values of the inputs are to be put into an array and the index is increased if the button is pressed. So basically I have to fill a table with values based on the given inputs and the new values are entered after the button is pressed, and the other other button stops the process!

Please help me! Its urgent!

Thanx!

Hi!

My bigger problem is solved i think but now i'm stuck with the following:

I have a while loop nested into a true/false case structure. If i change the true/false input, the change only comes if the inner while loop is finished...this is normal, but i would need a way to do the 2 processes parallel. So if i change to input to false, the while loop would be ignored and the process would stop immediately!

Please help me solve this!

Thanx!

QUOTE (Psyfusion @ Dec 14 2008, 01:08 PM)

Hi!

My bigger problem is solved i think but now i'm stuck with the following:

I have a while loop nested into a true/false case structure. If i change the true/false input, the change only comes if the inner while loop is finished...this is normal, but i would need a way to do the 2 processes parallel. So if i change to input to false, the while loop would be ignored and the process would stop immediately!

Please help me solve this!

Thanx!

Please post your code - it is much easier to comment on code than on a vague description. That said, look into the "producer consumer with events" design pattern. I think it will handle your problem nicely.