Excluding Files from LabVIEW Project Auto-Populate

Is there a way to exclude certain files from showing up in an auto-populate folder like say SCC files. Many SCC applications put an extra file in every directory to link to repository. These files show up in your auto-populate folders even though you don't need or want them there.

Thanks.

My thoughts on auto-populating folders:

• I agree with the original LVProject developers to not use auto-populating folders (the feature was added after begging from the users), creation of VIs should be done with the project in mind, currently I dump all VIs in a VI folder on disk and structure them in the project.
  • Using auto-populating folders together with libraries (XControls/classes/lvlibs) can (and will be) very confusing. (my :2cents: )
  • I never had a need for auto-populating folders

However I think LabVIEW ignores hidden files/folders.

Ton

QUOTE (Ton @ Dec 17 2008, 01:07 PM)

My thoughts on auto-populating folders:

• I agree with the original LVProject developers to not use auto-populating folders (the feature was added after begging from the users), creation of VIs should be done with the project in mind, currently I dump all VIs in a VI folder on disk and structure them in the project.
  • Using auto-populating folders together with libraries (XControls/classes/lvlibs) can (and will be) very confusing. (my :2cents: )
  • I never had a need for auto-populating folders

However I think LabVIEW ignores hidden files/folders.

Ton

Thanks,

I never really use them much for the same reasons. It is nice to have newly created files show up in your project automatically though. I will try the hidden file idea.

Thanks

• 11 years later...

Any chance this is still active?

I recognize both arguments for auto-populating folders.  In the end, I wind up using them because they are very useful for navigating my reusable libraries and tool-kits, and for keeping that stuff synced with source control.  Right now I'm checking in a bunch of stuff over a slow VPN and it would be great if LabVIEW would just ignore these .scc files.