3D plot help - need a starting point please

I'm confused by 3D plots. Several experiments and reading the help files hasn't helped it get it into my thickened skull. I have data from a telemetry map of a device which is basically yes/no data. If telemetry exists a 1 goes in the file, if not, then a zero goes in the file. Pretty simple. I'd like to display this data on a 3D graph, but can't decide the best way to do it. I can't quite figure out what the 3D plotting VIs want for X, Y and Z inputs. I'd appreciate it if someone could give me a nudge and point me to something that explains it. And yes, I did try the examples.

I included some code which is basically the example code, but modified to read the included TDMS file.

Download File:post-2786-1230739941.zip

Thanks,

George

Hi George,

You may want to take a look at the series of messages I posted in this thread on the dark-side. That example is a kind of "worse case" example where I slammed most of everything in there.

Re: The data you present to the 3d graph.

Every method will interpret the data differently. What helps me out is to just use a small manually entered data set (4-9 points) and pok at it until you see how they are used.

3d Graph Developer note:

If you want to change some property of the graph, its plots, etc. first find it using the 3d Graph property dialog. The required property/methods nodes will have to be of the same form as the dialog.

Anytime there is more than one property, the "Item" property (1 based not 0 based) will let you select which one you are after.

Ben