OpenG Read Panel from INI / IMAQdx handle doesn't work

jed

I am trying to use the OpenG function "Read Panel from INI" with an IMAQdx camera instance.

However, after the variant is written to the file and read back (the variant data looks good), there is an error when writing to the value property.

Error 0d91:

Property Node (arg 1) in Untitled 2

<APPEND>

Property Name: <b>Value</b>

Here's the openG code:

2009-01-21_1343.png

And here's code I wrote to confirm:

(The Err occurs only at the right-most Write-Value node.)

2009-01-21_1348.png

If I replace the dx ref with a VISA resource, or some other control, this works without error.

Any ideas?

The entry in the ini file, the same string data on the variant-to-string output, is

Left=\00\00\00\04cam0

However, the error has nothing to do with the INI file. Note that I can write the variant directly, but if I collapse and un-collapse the variant it errors.

I understand that the IMAQdx might be a reference, but how else am I supposed to store the camera selection between runs?

QUOTE (Ton @ Jan 21 2009, 09:24 PM)

Ah. I just realized that I can wire a string directly to "IMAQdx Camera Open".

QUOTE (jed @ Jan 21 2009, 10:26 PM)

The entry in the ini file, the same string data on the variant-to-string output, is

Left=\00\00\00\04cam0

However, the error has nothing to do with the INI file. Note that I can write the variant directly, but if I collapse and un-collapse the variant it errors.

I understand that the IMAQdx might be a reference, but how else am I supposed to store the camera selection between runs?

QUOTE (jed @ Jan 22 2009, 01:30 AM)

The reference refers to much more than camera selection (and once the reference is out of memory then a textual representation to it is next to useless). You can use a property node to get the camera name and save that instead. You can also wire the string camera name into most IMAQ functions and they will create a new reference with default settings bound to that camera.