Is there a bug in the internet toolkit?

HI

I am using LV8.2.1 and the internet toolkit.

There is a FTP function called "PWD"(print working directory) who I think got a bug.

It don't put out the working direktory.

It take the reply text ( ex: Current working directory is "fs" and use the subVI "unescabe double quotes.vi" to remove the quotes, but this subVI need to have a string where the hole text is surrounded with double qoutes.

The FTP "PWD" function send a string like this( ex: Current working directory is "fs" to the subVI and that result in an empty string out.

Take a look at the attached pictures.

It's the same in LV8.6.1

regards Bjarne

PS: I have also posted this in the NI forum, but no one reply, so I try here at LAVA :)

icon_attachment.gifFTP [PWD]_BD.png (5 kb) icon_attachment.gifUnescape Double Quotes_BD.png (11 kb)

QUOTE (Neville D @ Feb 25 2009, 06:13 PM)

Here they are :)

post-7489-1235633437.png?width=400

The little white box with an arrow reprecent the code below!

post-7489-1235633465.png?width=400

Remember, this is not my code. This is what NI deliver whith the Internet toolkit(nice style :wacko: ).

Regards Bjarne

I compared your block diagram images to the FTP VIs in LabVIEW 7.0. They are exactly the same (as I expected). The internet toolkit has been around for a long time and if there was a bug, I think someone would have found this long ago.

I believe the problem is with the FTP server you are connecting to. If you see

Current working directory is "fs"

when you connect to the host with a command line FTP client, then the FTP server is not compliant with RFC 959 - File Transfer Protocol (FTP).

The format of a response to a PWD command should be:

257 "fs" is CWD

If the server is returning the string you indicated, then the bug is in the server :o

QUOTE (Phillip Brooks @ Feb 26 2009, 01:43 PM)

The format of a response to a PWD command should be:

257 "fs" is CWD

If the server is returning the string you indicated, then the bug is in the server
:o

Hi Philip

Thank you. :thumbup:

I think you are right about that the bug must be in the server. It is a product of our own.

I will ask the R&D if they are diviating (they must be) from the RFC 959.

regards Bjarne

QUOTE (Bjarne Joergensen @ Feb 26 2009, 11:06 AM)

Hi Philip

Thank you. :thumbup:

I think you are right about that the bug must be in the server. It is a product of our own.

I will ask the R&D if they are diviating (they must be) from the RFC 959.

regards Bjarne

I would definitely talk to your R&D about this. The RFC's are there for a reason and it stills baffles me why you find so many home-grown networking implementations that appear like they have never even looked at the RFC. My guess is that your R&D folks simply took the command list and implemented its functionality.