Creating file from .lvlib, still part of .lvlib?

I have created a subVI that creates a new file by copying a template .vit file to a .vi file in a specified folder. I am including this subVI as part of a library, referenced by a .lvlib I have imported in to my project. The original .vit is not referenced by the .lvlib. It appears that the new file is somehow referenced by the .lvlib, and when I attempt to dynamically call the new vi, I get the following error: "You attempted to open a VI Server reference to an out-of-scope VI."... When I locate the new vi, it has a name like the following:

Library.lvlib:NewVI.vi

Is there a way around this?

What is the purpose of this code?

Do you want to load the VIs reentrantly?

If so I discourage you to use the VIT route, just drop the template VI (as .vi) inside a static VI reference on your BD and use the proper VI server methods.

Could you upload your code?

Ton

PS your question is a bit unclear, could you use names like VIa, VIb etc.?

The original .vit may have been saved thinking it is part of the .lvlib even though the .lvlib was saved with no reference to the .vit. Open the .vit itself in the LV editor and see if it thinks it is a member of the library. If it does, use "File >> Disconnect from Library" to separate the .vit from the .lvlib and then save the .vit. Then try your code again.