Roll up, roll up for the mystery error

post-7603-1236114009.png?width=400

Had this little beaut pop up while stepping through a BD a few minutes ago. Locked up LV hard. Hadn't seen it before and since I have a few minutes while LV acks my three-finger salute I figured I'd share.

The magical mystery error is blowing my BD away
Blowing my BD away, BD away

QUOTE (Daklu @ Mar 3 2009, 04:55 PM)

Well not anymore... :laugh: I could have at the time though. Why?

It's the "[4] error out" that's the key - that was the window title of your fourth probe, and it was probing an error wire. I'd say that there was something that crapped itself in there that required LabVIEw to reset it.

So what handles the error from the "General Error Handler CORE.vi"? Does it recursively handle errors generated by itself?

We have odd situation where an engine performs a cleanup before exiting, but if an error is generated during the cleanup it will handle the error by prompting the user then exiting. Of course if it tries to exit it will perform the cleanup, but if an error is generated during the cleanup it will handle the error by prompting the user then exiting. This cycle could go on forever.

We have to be mindful of what kind of errors we might see, and what ones we want to retry on, and what ones we want to just exit on, and disregard the cleanup.