QUOTE (LVBeginner @ Mar 19 2009, 06:57 AM)

Does anybody know which port is used by ActiveX objects? I'm using WinHTTP and I want to know which port is used for outgoing packets.

Thank you

I think typically the outgoing port will get assigned by the OS sockets layer for most implementations - it just selects an unused port. Run "netstat" from the Command Prompt and you can see what local ports are used for a connection. I don't know anything specific about WinHTTP that might be different.

Mark

QUOTE (mesmith @ Mar 19 2009, 03:17 PM)

I think typically the outgoing port will get assigned by the OS sockets layer for most implementations - it just selects an unused port. Run "netstat" from the Command Prompt and you can see what local ports are used for a connection. I don't know anything specific about WinHTTP that might be different.

Mark

I'm connected to the internet through a proxy server is there anyway that I can specify which port I want ActiveX to use?

QUOTE (LVBeginner @ Mar 19 2009, 10:56 AM)

I'm connected to the internet through a proxy server is there anyway that I can specify which port I want ActiveX to use?

WinHTTP should by default use the proxy server settings that you have configured for your IE. The local port is assigned randomly by the OS and should be of no concern to anyone. If you experience problems with the firewall you will have to create an exception rule in it that opens outgoing connections to the target port of the proxy such as 8080.

Rolf Kalbermatter