LabVIEW vector format?

Try these steps:

1. Place a Round LED from the Classic category on your front panel.
  2. Right click it, then select Advanced-->Customize...
  3. Click the wrench in the toolbar of the new window
  4. Right click the actual LED (not the label)
  5. Click Copy to Clipboard
  6. Close that window and click Don't Save if prompted
  7. Click Edit-->Paste in your front panel.

I know LabVIEW can use metafiles, but this is clearly not a metafile, as the edge of the LED retains its shape when resized. Besides, with it copied, if you paste it into any vector graphics application, it simply pastes as a bitmap. And if you import a metafile, you can't change the color of it in Properties. This is some sort of LabVIEW internal vector format. Anyone have any clue as to how to create these images so you can customize controls better?

QUOTE (Yair @ Mar 23 2009, 02:18 PM)

It is indeed undocumented and has no editors that are available to people outside the LabVIEW R&D and I honestly doubt there are even many people in LabVIEW R&D that still would know how to use it :-)

Basically it resembles the Mac PICT format with some modifications.

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE (flarn2006 @ Mar 23 2009, 09:36 PM)

Trial and error, anyone? :)

Most people use LabVIEW professionally and in production environments. They rarely have the time, inclination or ability to dig up stuff like this.

Personally, I feel it would be a huge waste of time for me to try to reverse engineer it (even if I did know something about the original format), as there is other stuff to do and this, while nice to have, is never something that I really needed.

QUOTE (Yair @ Mar 23 2009, 12:40 PM)

Most people use LabVIEW professionally and in production environments. They rarely have the time, inclination or ability to dig up stuff like this.

Personally, I feel it would be a huge waste of time for me to try to reverse engineer it (even if I did know something about the original format), as there is other stuff to do and this, while nice to have, is never something that I really needed.

Talk about buzz kill!

I love that this (supposedly 15 year old) is poking around. Hack away flarn2006! Let us know what you find.

QUOTE (Michael Aivaliotis @ Mar 25 2009, 07:40 PM)

I love that this (supposedly 15 year old) is poking around. Hack away flarn2006! Let us know what you find.

I have no problem at all with him hacking away, but it seems to me that post was asking if someone else has already done this work (or worse, asking someone else to do it for him, if he's just a script kiddie) and I pointed out that it's relatively unlikely.