Convert [Year WeekNumber] string to [YearMonthDay] string

Hi all,

I have to convert a string like 9 34, which means year 2009 and week number 34 to a string like 090818, whiche means year 2009, month 08 and day 18 (first day of this week).

I try to scan my first string to a timestamp with %<%y %W>T format then format this new string with %<%y%m%d>T format but it does'nt work.

The problem is to convert the week number.

Anybody has an idea ?

Thanks all,

Callahan

QUOTE (Callahan @ Mar 26 2009, 10:15 AM)

Hi all,

I have to convert a string like 9 34, which means year 2009 and week number 34 to a string like 090818, whiche means year 2009, month 08 and day 18 (first day of this week).

I try to scan my first string to a timestamp with %<%y %W>T format then format this new string with %<%y%m%d>T format but it does'nt work.

The problem is to convert the week number.

Anybody has an idea ?

Thanks all,

Callahan

Hi,

I couldn't find anything related to the week number in the documentation for scanning from a string.

The "format date/time string" does support the %W, but the "scan from string" seems not to support it. :(

I assume you will have to read the week number as a integer and do the calculation yourself...

QUOTE (Antoine Châlons @ Mar 26 2009, 02:05 AM)

I assume you will have to read the week number as a integer and do the calculation yourself...

Rather than computing the week number, you could just start with January 1 of that year, and in a while loop, keep adding 24 hours and checking the week number until it matches.