Anyone tried Pen Tablet for labVIEW programming

As some experienced programmers said, touchscreen is a dead end.

So anybody ever tried Pen Tablet for programming. I am not trying to replace mouse, I am just looking for another option besides mouse programming which likely can reduce the wrist hurt.

Pen Tablet is widely used for Art Design. Anybody here is using it for LabVIEW programming?

I had a Wacom tablet that I tried using about a year ago. I found that I didn't have the fine control that needed to wire up VIs. That probably has more to do with screen size and resolution then anything. I was working at a 17" monitor with a 1280x1600 resolution. The other problem I found was that I had trouble relating the screen position to the pen position. I did like the Wacom for CAD drawing and working in Photoshop, but went back to the mouse for everything else.

QUOTE (Ton @ Mar 28 2009, 07:10 AM)

I have a small Wacom (A5 format I think) at home for all my computing. I love it. It is too small for two screens but for one with absolute positioning it works good. LabVIEW is no problem, the only thing I miss is the scroll wheel, but other models have that included.

Ton

What about resolution? Can you wire into inputs/outputs easy?

QUOTE (Ton @ Mar 28 2009, 01:10 PM)

I took another look and the actual size is A6

QUOTE (menghuihantang @ Mar 30 2009, 03:44 AM)

What about resolution? Can you wire into inputs/outputs easy?

You need the auto-tool, but I have no issues, might be a little bit slower than the mouse, but the comfort of knowing I limited my daily mouse hours to 10 (at the most) is worth it.

I use it on a 1280*800 widescreen laptop no problemo.

Ton