Callback on click on point in graph

Does any of you have experiences in creating a callback on a click on a specific point in a graph using LabVIEW or Measurement studio? An example we calculate RMS values of time series and have plot with these RMS-values. On clicking on a point I would like to make a new window that time-series. Any hints are valueble.

QUOTE (Anders Björk @ Apr 6 2009, 10:05 AM)

Does any of you have experiences in creating a callback on a click on a specific point in a graph using LabVIEW or Measurement studio? An example we calculate RMS values of time series and have plot with these RMS-values. On clicking on a point I would like to make a new window with that time-series. Any hints are valueble.

Is your question directed at the specific use of a VI Callback? Or is it related to determining the appropriate event for the event structure. If it is the latter, perhaps you should use cursors and create an event for the Cursor Release when the user releases the cursor on the point in question (unless someone else has a better idea). If it is the former, what is the scenario that is driving the use of the VI Callback as opposed to a standard Producer/Consumer type design pattern?

Nancy

QUOTE (nhollenback @ Apr 6 2009, 10:40 PM)

Maybe I gave it the wrong name, possibly :(

QUOTE (nhollenback @ Apr 6 2009, 10:40 PM)

Or is it related to determining the appropriate event for the event structure. If it is the latter, perhaps you should use cursors and create an event for the Cursor Release when the user releases the cursor on the point in question (unless someone else has a better idea). If it is the former, what is the scenario that is driving the use of the VI Callback as opposed to a standard Producer/Consumer type design pattern?

Nancy

An eventstructure is fine when have the engine to sense a click on a datapoint. Maybe cursor will do it, I tried to match the mouse position on clicking with the graph points after writing this, but seems hard to get it to work. I will probally post the code after cleaning it. Thanks for your ideas!