Defer Panel Updates with Autoscaling

I have a UI with 2 graph indicators. Both graphs worked fine, and autoscaling functioned normally, but they were updating out of sync. I added defer panel updates property nodes before and after the values are written to the graphs. Now when I run the VI, the top graph functions as it always has and autoscales properly. The bottom graph doesn't autoscale at all, despite autoscaling being selected. They both update simultaneously now, but the 2nd graph indicator refuses to autoscale. Have I missed something? Is this a bug?

post-13866-1239202925.png?width=400

Isn't there a 'Autoscale once' property/method?

Yes there is.

Short Name: ScaleFit

Installed With: Base Package

Class: GraphScale Properties

Fit scale to data: 0-Do not autoscale, 1-Autoscale once now, 2-Autoscale.

This property applies only to the active X-scale or active Y-scale.

This property is similar to the AutoScale items on the shortcut menu of an x- or y-scale.

This property is similar to the Autoscale checkbox on the Scales page of the Properties dialog box.

Ton

QUOTE (Ton @ Apr 8 2009, 03:57 PM)

I suppose I could use this, but shouldn't have to. The graph is set to autoscale and I shouldn't have to change that.

One of the graphs was functioning properly as I had it, but the other was not. I tried moving the indicators inside my case structure thinking the data would be written to the indicator before data flow left the case structure. I got the same result as when they were outside the case structure, which is still a bit confusing unless I'm misunderstanding something with data flow. Shouldn't everything in the active case finish before leaving the case? I was able to use a sequence structure as Ben suggested, and it works as it should. Any ideas what I'm missing here?

QUOTE (ejensen @ Apr 9 2009, 09:32 AM)

I suppose I could use this, but shouldn't have to. The graph is set to autoscale and I shouldn't have to change that.

One of the graphs was functioning properly as I had it, but the other was not. I tried moving the indicators inside my case structure thinking the data would be written to the indicator before data flow left the case structure. I got the same result as when they were outside the case structure, which is still a bit confusing unless I'm misunderstanding something with data flow. Shouldn't everything in the active case finish before leaving the case? I was able to use a sequence structure as Ben suggested, and it works as it should. Any ideas what I'm missing here?

? Set the graph/cahart as "syncronous" ?

You did not mention which version of LV.

I think it was LV 8.2 where I had a hell of a time trying to get the graphs to update properly. If I remeber correctly, NOT using defer FP update helped. In other version of LV if the chart/graph where on a non-selected tab page, I had to "jiggle the handle" (invoke node Get image) to get the image to update.

Ben

QUOTE (ejensen @ Apr 9 2009, 09:51 AM)

Thanks again for the suggestions. It's not a major concern since I got it working with your earlier advice. I was just hoping someone might be able to clear up why my fix didn't work. ;)

I just stumbled across (what to me is new) a property for graphs called "AutoscaleDelay". Is controls how often a grph will Auto-scale.

I have no idea in whcich version this was introduced.

Ben