Rings and text controls with glyphs and separators

Mads

In VIPM there is a GUI element I'm curious as to how they made: the LabVIEW version and Filter by installation status rings - end the search box. They all have glyphs next to the text...and in the former there are separator lines between some of the entries, just like in a menu...

One way to get the glyph is to edit a Modern style menu ring and replace it's arrow element...(and replace the rest with system style elements) but the arrow is moved with the right side of the control so that get's messy if you want to rescale the control...

Any tips (or a new article on the How did they do that page on the VIPM site:-))?

Hey, thanks - I got around the glyph by editing a ring control after all...but then I had not noticed that they can click the glyph as well in VIPM.

The part I missed in this case was the "-" though...I tried _ ....blink.gif

Thanks again!

I posted an example here showing how it's done. It's not there right now, so I'll tell Michael about it and he can fix the link.

If memory serves, you can add separator lines by adding an element whose text is "-".