Including names in search

Since I've only moaned about it in another post and haven't really requested it...

It would be nice if the advanced search only included the name of the author of a post if that part was selected/filled in. That way I could (hopefully) search on "queue" and not get all of AQs posts in the results.

LOL! All right, guyze, stop it already! This was a serious question!! laugh.gif

Ahem... The problem with using "-aristos" is that AQ has posted some great info about queues, and I don't want to filter that out.

Ahem... The problem with using "-aristos" is that AQ has posted some great info about queues, and I don't want to filter that out.

You can use Yahoo! Pipes to perform some really cool filtering of RSS feeds. I haven't used it in a while, so I cleaned up my old searches and created a new one, just for you.

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pbrooks100/lava_keyword_title

You can type in any keyword you want to search for, then click the RSS feed rss3.gif button. You will get a URL in the title bar of your browser that you can place in your RSS reader.

Pipes is cool because .... you draw your code, just like LabVIEW!

Gripe gripe gripe. Complain complain complain. Sheesh. frusty.gif

smile.gif

You can use Yahoo! Pipes to perform some really cool filtering of RSS feeds. I haven't used it in a while, so I cleaned up my old searches and created a new one, just for you.

For me? Thanks!

It doesn't seem to be working, but that's probably because of Big Brother's firewalls and limited access. I'll try it from home tonight. I was going to try it last night, but my car died on the way home from work yesterday (for the second time this week sad.gif ) and I was a little distracted dealing with that last night.

... The problem with using "-aristos" is that AQ has posted some great info about queues, and I don't want to filter that out.

You can use the Advanced search and specify "Search titles only". This'll miss anything that pertains to queues but isn't titled as such, but it's pretty good.