4 color led

Hi. Thanks sciware for the ctl file. but i do not know how i could integrate it into my main vi. do you mind telling me how i could use the pic ring? i have started a thread regarding the color led in ni forum yesterday too.

Edit*: my groupmate has managed to get the results using the event structure.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=425860

Edited by labviewnoob

Hi. Thanks sciware for the ctl file. but i do not know how i could integrate it into my main vi. do you mind telling me how i could use the pic ring? i have started a thread regarding the color led in ni forum yesterday too.

Edit*: my groupmate has managed to get the results using the event structure.

http://forums.ni.com...hread.id=425860

Yair has a good point, have a look at the colorbox option.

To see how to use the LED.ctl just drop it onto your front panel, make it an indicator and then wire a numeric control to it. You will see that.

0 = Red

1 = Blue

2= Dark Green

3 = Yellow

So your 4 states or colors map to a numeric value.

To make the LED.ctl I started with a classic pic ring and then copied images of a Boolean LED that I had painted different colors. You can get the images of the Boolean LED by editing the boolean control and then copying the image component. Then paste it into the pic ring. For more detail about editing controls have a search on the NI site.

I'm not sure about your other issue, the link you have posted appears to be broken

Yair has a good point, have a look at the colorbox option.

To see how to use the LED.ctl just drop it onto your front panel, make it an indicator and then wire a numeric control to it. You will see that.

0 = Red

1 = Blue

2= Dark Green

3 = Yellow

So your 4 states or colors map to a numeric value.

To make the LED.ctl I started with a classic pic ring and then copied images of a Boolean LED that I had painted different colors. You can get the images of the Boolean LED by editing the boolean control and then copying the image component. Then paste it into the pic ring. For more detail about editing controls have a search on the NI site.

I'm not sure about your other issue, the link you have posted appears to be broken

hi thanks alot for telling me how to use the led.ctl. the link is the thread which i started in the ni forum.

i had almost the same problem, i solved it with a string indicator which has a background color property i can change

it's not a led, but for me was ok.. the code is simple, i hoipe it helps

i had almost the same problem, i solved it with a string indicator which has a background color property i can change

it's not a led, but for me was ok.. the code is simple, i hoipe it helps

colors.vi

post-15877-124836501163_thumb.png

colors.vi

post-15877-124836519314_thumb.png

I just use the Boolean property node Colors[4]. You can use color box constants in the cluster rather than integers so it's easy to choose whatever color you desire (see image). If you don't care about the Boolean value and strictly want a color indicator then you only have to set the first color.

post-8758-124837086028_thumb.png --- post-8758-124837134417_thumb.png