Opening and plotting saved points acquired from an oscilloscope.

Hi,

I'm a new user of the program (I'm not even sure if I'm posting on the right category) and I really need help on Opening and Plotting my saved points which I acquired from an oscilloscope. I saved my points to an excel file, and as far as I know I must assign these points to an array (if this was in C, I could have done it ages ago, but I'm no good in drag-&-drop programming) and plot them in a waveform graph. Any advice or suggestion related to my question would be really really, greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I'm a new user of the program (I'm not even sure if I'm posting on the right category) and I really need help on Opening and Plotting my saved points which I acquired from an oscilloscope. I saved my points to an excel file, and as far as I know I must assign these points to an array (if this was in C, I could have done it ages ago, but I'm no good in drag-&-drop programming) and plot them in a waveform graph. Any advice or suggestion related to my question would be really really, greatly appreciated.

Why not doing it in C if you are so much more savy with that?

Rolf Kalbermatter

Because my prof asked me to do it in LabView :|

The best place to start looking is the examples that ship with LabVIEW. Go to the help menu and select Example Finder. In the search tab search on spreadsheet. Take a look at the Read from Text File.vi and Write to Text File.vi they are good examples to show you how to read data from a tab delimited spreadsheet file and plot the results. Also take a look at some of the Graphs examples.

If it's an Excel file that you need to read and not a tab delimited spreadsheet file then take a look at the NI Report Generation Toolkit. There are some free alternatives out there to read Excel files if you do a bit of searching.

The best place to start looking is the examples that ship with LabVIEW. Go to the help menu and select Example Finder. In the search tab search on spreadsheet. Take a look at the Read from Text File.vi and Write to Text File.vi they are good examples to show you how to read data from a tab delimited spreadsheet file and plot the results. Also take a look at some of the Graphs examples.

If it's an Excel file that you need to read and not a tab delimited spreadsheet file then take a look at the NI Report Generation Toolkit. There are some free alternatives out there to read Excel files if you do a bit of searching.

Hi Kurt,

Thank you so much for the suggestion, I think from these examples I can do whatever I want with my files. Thanks again :)