Custom decorations, and programmatically placing them

I think it would be uesful to have custom decorations. things like small pictures to explain things, or ability to put text on the front panel. I know you can use controls or indicators, but decorations on the panel might help, and they don't need extra CPU to compute them every time. (Copyright notices, user help text, big pictures of what the button does, etc. on the front panel right next to the controls)

And what about the ability to programmatically place the pictures / text decorations on the panel. This would be very helpful to people who need help with source code control, or ability to put the warning text on a whole library full of files at a time.

dhuff

• 4 years later...

QUOTE(dhuff @ Jul 17 2003, 11:04 PM)

I think it would be uesful to have custom decorations. things like small pictures to explain things, or ability to put text on the front panel. I know you can use controls or indicators, but decorations on the panel might help, and they don't need extra CPU to compute them every time. (Copyright notices, user help text, big pictures of what the button does, etc. on the front panel right next to the controls)

And what about the ability to programmatically place the pictures / text decorations on the panel. This would be very helpful to people who need help with source code control, or ability to put the warning text on a whole library full of files at a time.

dhuff

Did anyone have success doing this?

I would like to create a decoration constant on the BD (a picture constant is OK as well).

Ton

QUOTE(crelf @ Feb 21 2008, 04:50 PM)

I tried to do it. But even using the PMS I can't find a method to store an image on a BD.

This is just an exercise, but could become usefull to obfuscate programs.

And since when can't you talk about scripting. It isn't april the first.

Ton