Unread content not appearing in the unread list

I don't know what caused this, but I see at least two threads which had new posts and didn't appear in the unread content list: this and this. Looking at today's active content list, it looks like these were the only two even though other threads also had posts from the same timeframe.

Some details:

I logged into LAVA earlier today (via a favorites entry which brings me to the unread content list without requiring me to log in). I read everything, posted stuff, then marked all as read (for convenience let's say it was at 1:00). I closed the tab, left the browser window open on some other sites and left the PC for a few hours. I came back (let's say this was 4:00), opened the unread content page (again through the same link) but these two threads didn't appear in it. The reason I noticed this was that one of the threads had my replies, so I got emails telling me it should have been in the list. The second one didn't appear in the list, but after I finished reading the other threads and went back to the list (let's say this is 5:00), it did appear, because it had posts which were posted after 5:00, but it should have appeared earlier, because it had a couple of posts posted between 1:00 and 4:00.

I don't know if there's anything you can do with this, but I'm reporting it. It's possible that all this has happened before and will happen again.

• 3 weeks later...

Can some point me at a link that explains how I can use the LAVA2s "View Unread Content".

If you haven't tried this already...

Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner

Select "My Settings"

Select "General Settings" (should be the default)

Down at the bottom of the page under "Search Settings" -> "View New Content Method"

Select "Show me all the content I have not read"

• Like 1

If you haven't tried this already...

Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner

Select "My Settings"

Select "General Settings" (should be the default)

Down at the bottom of the page under "Search Settings" -> "View New Content Method"

Select "Show me all the content I have not read"

worshippy.gif

Thank you thank you thank you!

That looks like it may fix things going forward. I owe you.

Ben