View Unread Content doesn't display threads I replied in?

Over the past 24 hours or so there seems to be an issue with the View Unread Content page where it doesn't show threads I replied in.

To be more specific, it seems to be threads I'm subscribed to - I replied to the Alfa thread, but I'm not subscribed to it, because my last reply was in the LAVA 1.0 days, and that thread did appear in the list. The others, however, did not appear in the list. I knew about them because I got the emails and they do appear as unread in the Active Content page. They just don't appear in the Unread Content page.

Note - this is different from the previous issues people had. I'm talking about content I haven't seen yet. It should appear and it worked fine before yesterday.

Over the past 24 hours or so there seems to be an issue with the View Unread Content page where it doesn't show threads I replied in.

To be more specific, it seems to be threads I'm subscribed to - I replied to the Alfa thread, but I'm not subscribed to it, because my last reply was in the LAVA 1.0 days, and that thread did appear in the list. The others, however, did not appear in the list. I knew about them because I got the emails and they do appear as unread in the Active Content page. They just don't appear in the Unread Content page.

Note - this is different from the previous issues people had. I'm talking about content I haven't seen yet. It should appear and it worked fine before yesterday.

Same here.

I sometimes miss the LAVA 1.0 behavior, where my last post showed up at unread content, sort of a confirmation of my post.

/J

OK, it looks like it's not just threads I replied to.

Here's the unread content list:

post-1431-125266653266_thumb.png

And here's the active content list from the same time:

post-1431-125266656233_thumb.png

As you can see, all the marked threads have unread content (their icons are not dimmed), but they don't appear in the unread list.

That is the one I have selected, but even if it wasn't, the content which doesn't appear in the list IS "since my last visit", so it should have appeared in the list, and as far as I know, it did appear correctly until a few days ago. Look at the images I posted to see this.

I should point out that when I logged in now the unread list DID show all the threads that appear in the active list. I don't know if this means that the bug was fixed or was just a fluke.

That is the one I have selected, but even if it wasn't, the content which doesn't appear in the list IS "since my last visit", so it should have appeared in the list, and as far as I know, it did appear correctly until a few days ago. Look at the images I posted to see this.

I should point out that when I logged in now the unread list DID show all the threads that appear in the active list. I don't know if this means that the bug was fixed or was just a fluke.

We haven't changed anything on our end for a few weeks now. It could be a bug.

Both yesterday and today it worked fine. I hope that means that whatever caused this has stopped. I will try to keep an eye open to see if it happens again.

I still get the same behaviour, e.g. I noticed new posts in this thread on the Forum start page, but when I checked Unread content the thread does not show up (see attached image).

post-5958-125286844112_thumb.jpg

A while back I actually switched to the other setting, because it seemed to catch more of the new post, but it is still not 100%.

Now I'm back with the setting proposed.

/J

I also want to point out another link that you can also use which shows you everything chronologically regardless of view:

This shows you read and unread content. You can distinguish the unread items because they have a different icon glyph status.

I use it all the time now, and I wish this link to be in the upper right corner instead of *&%$#$%@#$ VUC link.

Another advantage of this method is you have not to be logged in to use it (logging in with long e-mail may be painful when using cellphone...)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump.

Is there a way for users to tell what the current version of the forums is? I don't see anything in the obvious places.

I don't see it anywhere either, but I'm not surprised - when exploits are found for a particular version of a web application it's easy to get burned listing the version somewhere. Whoo, google!