How to keep the plot left edge fixed?

I have 3 graphs arranged vertically that I want to display the same fixed plot area. The left edge of the graph (where the y axis labels are) moves depending on y scale (I need the scale to autoadjust). I can't seem to find a property node that will keep the left edge of the plot area in a waveform graph from self adjusting. I tried Plot area/Size/Width but that wasn't it. Is there a way to keep that edge from moving?

George

I have 3 graphs arranged vertically that I want to display the same fixed plot area. The left edge of the graph (where the y axis labels are) moves depending on y scale (I need the scale to autoadjust). I can't seem to find a property node that will keep the left edge of the plot area in a waveform graph from self adjusting. I tried Plot area/Size/Width but that wasn't it. Is there a way to keep that edge from moving?

George

In newer versions of LabVIEW there should be a property called something like "Auto Adjust Scales" or something. This is a Boolean and can be set on or off. You can also set that property in the graphs right click pop-up menu under Advanced.

EDIT: Seems I can't find that property. Probably must have dreamed about it. :blink:

But the pop-menu definitely works.

Rolf Kalbermatter

• Like 1

Yeah, that's the only thing that works so far. It'd be nice if there was a property for that though.

George

You can do that programmatically. You can set the format string for the scale markers: Y Scale > Format String

In newer versions of LabVIEW there should be a property calledsomething like "Auto Adjust Scales" or something. This is a Boolean andcan be set on or off. You can also set that property in the graphsright click pop-up menu under Advanced.

EDIT: Seems I can't find that property. Probably must have dreamed about it. :blink:

You can find the autoscale property here: Y Scale > Scale Fit

You can find the autoscale property here: Y Scale > Scale Fit

That is not what this right click pop-up option is about. Scale Fit if I'm not mistaken is the austoscaling. Auto Adjust Scales is the fact that the scale area (and implied by that the plot area) is resized when the scale needs more space to be displayed. This is by default on, but can be switched of with the right click pop-up menu. There is up to 8.6 apparently no property to switch this on or off programmatically.

Rolf Kalbermatter

That is not what this right click pop-up option is about. Scale Fit if I'm not mistaken is the austoscaling. Auto Adjust Scales is the fact that the scale area (and implied by that the plot area) is resized when the scale needs more space to be displayed. This is by default on, but can be switched of with the right click pop-up menu. There is up to 8.6 apparently no property to switch this on or off programmatically.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the auto scaling. If the auto-scaling is turned off the scale markers should not change and therefore the left edge of the plot should not move.

Never new about the 'Auto Adjust Scales' property. And you are correct there is no property for that in LV2009 either.