New Technology announcement - Tag4M - Tag for Measurement, the LabVIEW TAG -

MariusG

Hi Everyone,

I just joined the group today, been with National Instruments for 17 years, AE and mostly R&D (LabVIEW, LabVIEW Embedded, Academic Hardware DE FPGA Board and driver). My most memorable moments at NI are related to working on skunk projects with JeffK, the LabVIEW STAMP project (never to see the light) the Cubix project (same), LabVIEW Embedded, Elemental I/O for ARM and Blackfinn(released), some NI keynote appearances.

Currently, I have a small company which manufactures Wi-Fi tags with associated firmware and application software for LabVIEW and WEB pages.

Wi-Fi tags read sensors and push data wirelessly to an NI controller platform (like PXI, cRIO, sbRIO, regular PC) running LabVIEW, or to Web pages. My company is specialized in this very narrow application segment. We manufacture the tags in Austin TX, and offer the tag at a very competitive price together with firmware and LabVIEW drivers.

I am looking for applications and partners who can use this technology, move it from proof-of-concept to larger projects. My contact information is:

Marius Ghercioiu

Cores Electronic LLC

9806 Llano Estacado Ln

Austin, TX, 78759, USA

Tel: (512) 905 - 0181

Web:

e-mail: info@tag4m.com

post-16545-125493241606_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Your product looks nice. A co-worker and I were recently talking about Google PowerMeter, and I thought about ordering a T.E.D. 5000-G.

With the correct current transformers and a case, your product might be able to capitalize on the apparent demand for this type of product.

Have you looked at Google PowerMeter as a possible application for the tag4m?

Edited by Phillip Brooks

Your product looks nice. A co-worker and I were recently talking about Google PowerMeter, and I thought about ordering a T.E.D. 5000-G.

With the correct current transformers and a case, your product might be able to capitalize on the apparent demand for this type of product.

Have you looked at Google PowerMeter as a possible application for the tag4m?

Hi Phillip,

Yes, I have been looking at the PowerMeter idea. A house appliance sends data to a web page via a local Access Point.

It can be any measurement: temp, humidity, cholesterol level, CO2, etc anything that is of interest and for which there is a sensor that can be connected to the tag. The tag is the link between this sensor and the web page which is designed to display the information, like a LabVIEW panel.

Another angle of this same idea are widgets that can be ported in any web page and display something small, like a temp value or say if/when the light is on in a certain location, things of interest. The larger concept is that of Web Page instruments. Tag4M is a generic tool for building such an instrument, needs sensors and dedicated web page design. I am looking for partners that are interested in this subject, it is a new and growing business. Please contact me at info@tag4m.com if you would like to evaluate this idea.

Best regards,

-marius