Sending sms to mobile phone using GSM modem

Fellie

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and also a beginner in labview. Currently i'm doing a project that requires me to send sms to mobile phones with GSM modem. I'm using the GSM modem (usb), which is connected to the laptop. I wish to send sms to mobile phone using labview 8.6. Would anyone give me some advice how i can get started and have the vi as a reference? Thanks, will greatly appreciate.

Fellie

CIT Eng . has a toolkit for that http://www.citengine...oducts/sms.aspx reading more it was for particular chip..

Also VITEC has toolkit for that http://sine.ni.com/n...n.do?id=5174EXT. However they seem only to have contacts in English.

or you can use serial VIs to communicate with your GSM modem and use AT codes to send the messages

http://www.developershome.com/sms/howToSendSMSFromPC.asp

Edited by Anders Björk

Hi,

Thanks for replying! But I wish to use labview as the interface. So texting message from the computer(labview) then clicking the send button will send the sms to the cellphone. As I am using the GSM modem, the sim card is inserted inside. And I heard that labview can send sms to cellphone, so yeah! I hope anyone could guide me with it. Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for replying! But I wish to use labview as the interface. So texting message from the computer(labview) then clicking the send button will send the sms to the cellphone. As I am using the GSM modem, the sim card is inserted inside. And I heard that labview can send sms to cellphone, so yeah! I hope anyone could guide me with it. Thanks.

Using VI from the VISA palette will enable you to make the contact with your modem, then you need to send the right codes which you have pointers for in the last link. So start get communication with your on serial VIs then try to send the codes suggested.

Hi,

Those toolkits mentioned in the earlier post are incidentially LabVIEW libraries. Our toolkit was developed specifically for use with GSM modems build with the Wismo GSM engine used in Maestro and Wavecom modems. But most of it is according to ETSI standards with some Wismo/Wavecom specific syntax. Yes it is not free but it will give you a head start for sure.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and also a beginner in labview. Currently i'm doing a project that requires me to send sms to mobile phones with GSM modem. I'm using the GSM modem (usb), which is connected to the laptop. I wish to send sms to mobile phone using labview 8.6. Would anyone give me some advice how i can get started and have the vi as a reference? Thanks, will greatly appreciate.

Fellie

A while ago I was faffing around with mobile phones and knocked this up. Should be a good guide to what you want to do.

• Like 1