Where does LabVIEW store auto recovery VIs?

mje

Something started to go wring with my LabVIEW 2009f2 install. I'm working and all of the sudden a dialog box pops up saying "Failed to create directory for auto recovery VIs". Not much info on how to troubleshoot that, and searching (both the internet and my filesystem) isn't bringing up anything. Anyone know where the files are supposed to be created? The LabVIEW install has been working fine since the 2009 release until today...

Something started to go wring with my LabVIEW 2009f2 install. I'm working and all of the sudden a dialog box pops up saying "Failed to create directory for auto recovery VIs". Not much info on how to troubleshoot that, and searching (both the internet and my filesystem) isn't bringing up anything. Anyone know where the files are supposed to be created? The LabVIEW install has been working fine since the 2009 release until today...

I get those message on-site where the IT dept decided the users should not have write access to their desktop.

I belive the are saved at

My documents \LabVIEW Data\LVAutoSave

Ben

Nevermind, chalk this one up to the wonderfully buggy Vista synchronization agent.

MyDocs are stored on a network location, and...well...vista sucks. Both the network location, and the local filesystem cache of the location are accessible, but it appears the system can't resolve where MyDocs are at all. Since LV stores that data in MyDocs\LabVIEW Data, it fails...

Yet another case of restarting the system magically fixing everything. Pathetic.

Yay for simultaneous replies. Thanks Ben!

The fact that mydocs weren't accessible (despite being accessible??) I guess also explains why my file system search turned up nothing.

My documents \LabVIEW Data\LVAutoSave

One advise:

Create a seperate LabVIEW Data folder for each LabVIEW version you have installed.

I have seen recompile of custom probes in newer versions of older version, so the first thing I do after installing LabVIEW is defining a specific LabVIEW Data folder.

Ton