RCF Plugin idea

I'm sure many people have been dreaming about this :

I define a cluster with some controls in it, then I use a RCF plugin that :

- creates a typedef of this cluster and prompts me for a name and folder (by default the same folder where the VI I am in is located),

- creates a VI to read this typedef cluster from config file (based on OpenG VI "Read Section Cluster")

- creates a VI to write this typedef cluster from config file (based on OpenG VI "Write Section Cluster")

- asks me if I want to add these 2 VIs created to an existing polymorphic VI or if I want to create a new polymorphic VI with these to VIs

- performs the modification/creation of the polymorphic VI as wished above

with Chris Davis' "Example - Create Polymorphic VI" and tst's "Create Typdef From Constant" where not far from the truth.

Anyone developped this already?

Who wouldn't be ready to pay a few $ for such a RCF Plugin?

If I understand correctly, I don't think you need a VI for the writing, as you can just use the OpenG VI directly. For the read VI, if I'm understanding correctly, you basically just want a wrapper around the OpenG VI which will also use the Variant to Data primitive to output the cluster. Is this correct? It doesn't sound too hard, because as you said some of the harder parts have already been handled.

If I understand correctly, I don't think you need a VI for the writing, as you can just use the OpenG VI directly.

Well.. yes, I could just drop the OpenG VI but my goal is to encapsulate everything into the polymorphic VI. What I like to have is a polymorphic VI that has all the VIs to read/write all my section clusters. (I often have a config file with about 10 sections, each of which corresponds to a typedef cluster) So the "write" VI has to be created has well, but you are right, it shouldn't be very complicated.

For the read VI, if I'm understanding correctly, you basically just want a wrapper around the OpenG VI which will also use the Variant to Data primitive to output the cluster. Is this correct?

Yes again.

It doesn't sound too hard, because as you said some of the harder parts have already been handled.

Absolutely, I'd be very surprised if it hadn't been done yet.

All the pieces are ready, the puzzle can be built.