"Auto - resizing" of tree control... how do I do it?

PA-Paul

Hi all.

I'm putting together a UI that uses a tree control which should always display only two columns. I'm suing Panes to control the layout of the UI if the window size is changed. IF I set the tree control to scale with pane, the outer size of the control scales, but I end up with loads of empty columns. If I then reset the number of columns back to 2 using a property node, the width of the entire tree control shrinks back to the original size leaving me lots of empty space.

Does anyone know a way to make the colums of the tree control automagically resize - i.e. they should grow if I only have 2 columns displayed and i stretch the control width-ways...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Paul

(This is in LV 8.6 btw)

Hi all.

I'm putting together a UI that uses a tree control which should always display only two columns. I'm suing Panes to control the layout of the UI if the window size is changed. IF I set the tree control to scale with pane, the outer size of the control scales, but I end up with loads of empty columns. If I then reset the number of columns back to 2 using a property node, the width of the entire tree control shrinks back to the original size leaving me lots of empty space.

Does anyone know a way to make the colums of the tree control automagically resize - i.e. they should grow if I only have 2 columns displayed and i stretch the control width-ways...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Paul

(This is in LV 8.6 btw)

Hi,

Here is a quick example :

post-7452-126051464068_thumb.png

You need to select each column and set there width.

Hope this helps