A Utility I Wrote Last Summer...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I can't open the previous unlocked vi as I'm told that it's saved in LV7.1 and I have LV7.0

Sorry,

Chris

Sorry, I don't understand what's happening on your computer, Chris. I just downloaded it from my post again, opened a blank VI in LabVIEW 7.0 and dragged the TWW file onto its BD (gotta do it this way, because TWW is set to Run When Opened and to close when it's the only VI). Then I double clicked its icon on the BD of that dummy VI which opened its FP without running it. Please try to repeat this procedure. If it doesn't work, I don't know - your LV 7.0 is not quite the same as my LabVIEW 7.0? Anybody else has this problem too?

Sorry, I don't understand what's happening on your computer, Chris. I just downloaded it from my post again, opened a blank VI in LabVIEW 7.0 and dragged the TWW file onto its BD (gotta do it this way, because TWW is set to Run When Opened and to close when it's the only VI). Then I double clicked its icon on the BD of that dummy VI which opened its FP without running it. Please try to repeat this procedure. If it doesn't work, I don't know - your LV 7.0 is not quite the same as my LabVIEW 7.0? Anybody else has this problem too?

My profuse apologies. It must have been a spurious anomaly. Thanks for the reply and making this available to us.

Cheers,

Chris

• 6 months later...
OK, since it seems someone's taken the lid off the undocumented stuff (at least partially), I'll share a little utility I wrote last summer.

Have you ever added another shift register to the while loop of your state machine, then cursed while adding default thru-wires across sixteeen of the seventeen cases? This has happened to me a few more times than I care to admit, so I wrote the attached little gem. I called it 'Tunnel Wiring Wizard' for lack of a better name. It's a floating tool that will autowire all the unwired cases after you highlight the left and right case tunnels and push the button.

I recommend that you drop it into your 'Projects' folder so it'll show up on your 'Tools' menu.

I'd be curious to know if anyone finds this useful.... I'm leaving the diagram locked for now, sorry.

Dave

Dave,

Does your utility work with LV 8.0.1. I heard of this some time ago but just now tried it, and I never see the button enabled when I run it in LV 8. I've made sure my tunnels are defined in at least one case, and even that the vi has been saved so it is not untitled. Is there an INI file setting I have to have turned on to make this scripting work? I tried the SuperPrivate etc, etc one, but still it did not work for me.

Thanks,

Alvin Moore

Corning Cable Systems

Dave,

Does your utility work with LV 8.0.1. I heard of this some time ago but just now tried it, and I never see the button enabled when I run it in LV 8. I've made sure my tunnels are defined in at least one case, and even that the vi has been saved so it is not untitled. Is there an INI file setting I have to have turned on to make this scripting work? I tried the SuperPrivate etc, etc one, but still it did not work for me.

Thanks,

Alvin Moore

Corning Cable Systems

Sorry, did not read through all the later posts. I found the LV 8 version.

Thanks all.

Alvin,

Corning Cable Systems

• 1 year later...

QUOTE (T_Schott @ Apr 10 2008, 01:41 AM)

See http://forums.lavag.org/A-Utility-I-Wrote-Last-Summer-t211.html&view=findpost&p=9207' target="_blank">above post for the version that works in LV8.x

Place the vi in your <labview>/projects folder and restart labview, you should now have it in the Tools menu.