2D to 3D mapping

Trin

Hi everyone,

i draw a 3D mesh graph and i want to show it on the NI HMI panel, the problem is that whenever someone touch the panel some points should be mark on my graph, it means that i should get the x y coordination from the hand and map it on the 3D graph, as i am somehow fresh with labview i dont have a good prespective towards what i should do, i examined some codes but still would be nice to get some suggestation from you guys.

Cheers,

Trin

Hi Trin

I don't have the full solution for this but I've added a VI that shows how to mark certain points of the graph using cursors.

I was hoping there were a invoke node that converts a 2D coordinate position to a estimated 3D position, but this invoke node method don't exist.

I guess you have to make a first guess, and then give the user 4 direction buttons so you can move the cursor in the X-Y direction.

3D-PlotCursor.vi

Cheers,

Mikael

Hi Mikael,

thx for your quick reply. still i have some problems,based on my understanding, the 2D coords that this vi shows is the numbers of pixels, so does it mean that i nead to convert pixels to coord,and then use coords?because now it does not mark the point that i click. or do i need an event handler to return the coord of mouse?

hmm, also a good idea, but i was wondering, if it is possible to get the XYZ coord from the ActiveX. i mean why converting the pixels to coord (because what the event gives us is a coord) instead, find a way that getting the XYZ values from a point that cursor pointing. is it also possible?