3D intensity model / sensor mapping

Mads

On the 3D Picture Control\Helpers palette there is a nice VI that is called Sensor mapping. This VI enables you to import a 3D model, place sensors on the model - and then generate a picture with the readings shown as an intensity plot overlayed on the 3D model. This is *almost* what I would like to use in a new application; except for the fact that the sensors should not be treated as points, but lines. It would also be nice to be able to import a wider range of 3D drawing formats (ideally it should be possible to create some simple 3D models with the app too, but that would just be a bonus).

Is there anyone who finds such a task familiar?

I'm tempted to oursource this part of the coding as we have enough work to do on other parts of the application, but if anyone has any tips or examples on how to e.g. modify the intensity mapping code in the sensor mapping VI that could be enough.

Mads

On the 3D Picture Control\Helpers palette there is a nice VI that is called Sensor mapping. This VI enables you to import a 3D model, place sensors on the model - and then generate a picture with the readings shown as an intensity plot overlayed on the 3D model. This is *almost* what I would like to use in a new application; except for the fact that the sensors should not be treated as points, but lines. It would also be nice to be able to import a wider range of 3D drawing formats (ideally it should be possible to create some simple 3D models with the app too, but that would just be a bonus).

Is there anyone who finds such a task familiar?

I'm tempted to oursource this part of the coding as we have enough work to do on other parts of the application, but if anyone has any tips or examples on how to e.g. modify the intensity mapping code in the sensor mapping VI that could be enough.

Mads

This thread on the dark side has some examples I threw together to plot the air pressure meassured on the surface of a simulated car.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=398020#M398020

It is not the answer you want, but it may serve as inspiration.

Ben