[CR] State Editor for JKI State Machine 1.6.0 LV8_6

Hi Ton

Happy to see that you allways want feathers about State Editor.

I have a problem with your request. If you generate one combo box , you can't modify it another time ussing State editor. Or i need to detect-it and and convert it to string constant.

In which case are you ussing this kind of Combo (debug,...) Are you sure it's very usefull.

Eric

I have a problem with your request. If you generate one combo box , you can't modify it another time ussing State editor. Or i need to detect-it and and convert it to string constant.

No you don't have to!

I was worried about this as well, but it turns out that the combo-box constant is a sub-class of string constant (which you are registring for), so the tool keeps working the same way!

It might be nice to set the checkmark if the string constant is a combo-box so the drop-down list gets updated when running the State Editor.

Ton

• 3 years later...

Nice work.

Feature request:

Check that the states listed in "States list" are valid (existing) states for the state machine

Give a warning by marking it with a different color, or some indicator that light up in front of it when not an existing state.

Add some comment at the bottom to clarify that the "States list" contains a non-existing state.

If all states in the "States list" were made by the State Editor, obviously all states are valid (existing) states.

However if you edit the JKI SM by hand (without this State Editor), you could make misspellings/mistakes.

It would we great if this State Editor could check for that.

Hi donkdonk

Happy you use my tool.
I looking about your request , and i think it's possible. But i think it will be better to use Warning symbol than color.

One question for me too. i'm a bit surprise than you using my tool under LV2013. Normaly, RCF stop to run after LV2011. Do you Have found a way to run RCF under LV2013 ?

I have developed one Quick Drop version and have upload it here http://forums.jki.net/topic/2416-qd-for-jki-stm/page__pid__5880#entry5880 , but like i haven't any reply about is functioning , i'm not sure than it run ok.

Please can you try it, and tell me if it is ok.