LV2009 & Win7 & No Mouse Scrolling Issue

Hi all,

Since upgrading to Win7 my LV2009 (SP1) seems to be unable to properly react on mouse scrolling. And I am not talking about runtime events.

I cannot scroll at all in the frontpanel or diagram. And in project editor mouse scrolling only works upwards.

LV is the only application with these problems, so there is no e.g. mouse driver issue.

LV 2009 (SP1) running on the same PC under Win XP has none of these issues.

I updated Wireless mouse driver and played around with the settings - no effect on LV.

All other applications react on e.g. increasing scrolling speed.

I searched the web for similiar problems but nothing. Any idea or post or bugfix?

Thanx in advance,

Stefan

Not yet ...

If no one else is ever experienced that issue Reinstalling would be the next step.

I have been using LV2009 with Win7 for quite a while on multiple machines and have not seen this issue. I'd go with a reinstall.

-Toby

I have been using LV2009 with Win7 for quite a while on multiple machines and have not seen this issue. I'd go with a reinstall.

-Toby

I did uninstall & reinstall: No changes - still unable to properly scroll through diagrams and project explorer.

I did not find any Setting to modify how LabVIEW (development environment) reacts on mouse scrolling.

I am thinking of something like "scroll the page" or "scroll linewise".

But there is nothing there, is it?

I did play arounds with my Windows -> mouse settings.

Whatever I enter here (e.g. disable hor.scrolling) does not have influence on LabVIEW at all.

Could someone please check if changing these settings

- increasing/decreasing scroll speed and

- disabling/enabling hor.scrolling

has any influence on Your LV DevSystem?

Thank You in advance!

Stefan

Edited by Milchbilch

Could someone please check if changing these settings

- increasing/decreasing scroll speed and

- disabling/enabling hor.scrolling

has any influence on Your LV DevSystem?

Thank You in advance!

Stefan

I didn't see any change in the LV environment when I changed the scroll speed in windows. I did find a thread here on the dark side that traces a scrolling issue back to a custom pointer installation.

If you hover directly over the horizontal or vertical scrollbars and move the wheel will it scroll?

I did find a thread here on the dark side that traces a scrolling issue back to a custom pointer installation.

If you hover directly over the horizontal or vertical scrollbars and move the wheel will it scroll?

Thank You for the link. I did not find this myself. So there has to be an issue with the MS wireless mouse driver causing LV (only!?) to have problems.

Horizontal bar scrolling doesn't work either.

Have you tried a different mouse?

Does is happen with mouse-keys as well?

I don't think scrolling is realized in mouse keys, is it?

I did try another wireless mouse. It did show the same behaviour.

But my normal USB mouse srolls in LabVIEW - I thought I had tested it and it did not work.

However, I'll try to verify what Grant_Cargill did and see if this will fix the wireless mouse issue.

Edited by Milchbilch