Help with Labview checksum

Hi

I using a musashi dispenser unit with Rs232 for controller pressure and dispense time. I want to write program in Labview for this. They protocol looklike

DEFAULT is 19200bps.Data Length: 8 bit Start Bit: 1 bit Stop Bit: 1 bit Parity: None Flow Control: None

the Dispense command is stx 04DI_ _(two space) etx

the checksum of this command is CF, which is calculate is 00-30("0")-34("4")-44("D")-49("I")-20("SPACE")-20("SPACE")=CF

can you guys help me calculate this in labview 8.6

thank you very much

Hi

I using a musashi dispenser unit with Rs232 for controller pressure and dispense time. I want to write program in Labview for this. They protocol looklike

DEFAULT is 19200bps.Data Length: 8 bit Start Bit: 1 bit Stop Bit: 1 bit Parity: None Flow Control: None

the Dispense command is stx 04DI_ _(two space)CF etx

the checksum of this command is CF, which is calculate is 00-30("0")-34("4")-44("D")-49("I")-20("SPACE")-20("SPACE")=CF

can you guys help me calculate this in labview 8.6 VI

thank you very much

Duplicate post on the Dark side found here.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/checksum/m-p/1204899

Ben

hi

both of These two topic is posted by myself

Also another duplicate post from within Lava under the Site Feedback and Support page?

In any case just have your bytes in an array then perform an sum function to get the sum of all the bytes. I added your bytes manually and I didn't get 0xCF I got 0x31 and my program attached also gets 0x31.

Next time try to attach some code you've already tried but couldn't get working properly.

Checksum.vi

hI

THIS IS MY checksum programme now i can calaulate he right checksum

for example input the 04DI\s\s in code mode can get the CF

but i want to design a loop format and use it as a subvi so can you help me with it ?

Also another duplicate post from within Lava under the Site Feedback and Support page?

http://lavag.org/top...bview-checksum/

In any case just have your bytes in an array then perform an sum function to get the sum of all the bytes. I added your bytes manually and I didn't get 0xCF I got 0x31 and my program attached also gets 0x31.

Next time try to attach some code you've already tried but couldn't get working properly.

http://lavag.org/top...bview-checksum/

CHECKSUM RIGHT.vi

Edited by lilight