Has anyone been working on an Oauth library for LabVIEW, I browsed the specs and how-to and it doesn't seem that complicated.

Oauth is becoming more important now that Twitter is limiting (or shutting down?) the basic authentication for API calls.

So I was thinking about this, but couldn't find anything on Oauth and LabVIEW.

Any experiences.

Ton

• 2 months later...

Ton,

I actually just started looking at this. The OAuth Algorithm doesn't seem that complicated but the problem is calculating a signing key ... you need to be able to url_encode the key which I'm not sure if LabVIEW can do. Twitter is working on another Authentication based scheme for use with clients that cannot handle the full OAuth process.

Ryan

Has anyone been working on an Oauth library for LabVIEW, I browsed the specs and how-to and it doesn't seem that complicated.

Oauth is becoming more important now that Twitter is limiting (or shutting down?) the basic authentication for API calls.

So I was thinking about this, but couldn't find anything on Oauth and LabVIEW.

Any experiences.

Ton

After looking more into URL encoding I have figured it wouldn't be that hard to start by writing the URL encoding algorithm in LabVIEW. I'm working on that now and will see if I can then move to OAuth.

Ton,

I actually just started looking at this. The OAuth Algorithm doesn't seem that complicated but the problem is calculating a signing key ... you need to be able to url_encode the key which I'm not sure if LabVIEW can do. Twitter is working on another Authentication based scheme for use with clients that cannot handle the full OAuth process.

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

After looking more into URL encoding I have figured it wouldn't be that hard to start by writing the URL encoding algorithm in LabVIEW. I'm working on that now and will see if I can then move to OAuth.

Sorry for the late reply (I really want an up to date RSS-feed).

Here I have posted some VIs that are meant to calculate hashes and keyed hashes.

Ton

"removed source from VIs"

I was getting all excited until I read that rolleyes.gif

Sorry, I meant, removed compiled code from VIs.

Darn..., to be clear the VIs posted at bitbucket should have the blockdiagrams present!

The world of SCC now gives me the power to get the latest version -1, remove the compiled code and recheck in.

EDIT:And if I really had removed the code, you could always get a version earlier.

Ton

Edited by Ton Plomp
  • Like 1

Sorry, I meant, removed compiled code from VIs.

Darn..., to be clear the VIs posted at bitbucket should have the blockdiagrams present!

The world of SCC now gives me the power to get the latest version -1, remove the compiled code and recheck in.

EDIT:And if I really had removed the code, you could always get a version earlier.

Ton

Ooooh. Excited again :)

I'll be able to get my Twitter logger up and running once more :)

Nice work. Just need to remove the ogk stuff rolleyes.gif

Edited by ShaunR

So is there a new version of a Twitter logger?

I used the code from http://decibel.ni.co...t/docs/DOC-3284 , but, as you all know, it is not working anymore.

Any updates?

Best regards,

Sebastian

No updates on this.

The chatter I read about the Twitter implementation of OAuth is kinda 'discussable'.

I would love to have a generic OAuth toolkit that could work with Twitter.

Ton

• 1 year later...