Running on Windows 7 an application built with LabVIEW 8.5.1 on XP: Read registry

patufet_99

Hello,

I would like to install and run on a Windows 7 PC an application built on my developpement PC (LabVIEW 8.5.1 under XP).

I had some problems with the front panel fonts solved as described on another post by adding on the .ini file:

appFont="Tahoma" 13dialogFont="Tahoma" 13systemFont="Tahoma" 13

The data acquisition works normally.

The program should open some acquired data directly on OpenOffice scalc. To do that it looks on the registry the Path of scalc. There seems to be some problems accessing the registry: The vi "Open Registry Key.vi" working normally on XP returns a -604 error on Windows 7.

Any hints?

Thank you.

Hello,

I would like to install and run on a Windows 7 PC an application built on my developpement PC (LabVIEW 8.5.1 under XP).

I had some problems with the front panel fonts solved as described on another post by adding on the .ini file:

appFont="Tahoma" 13dialogFont="Tahoma" 13systemFont="Tahoma" 13

The data acquisition works normally.

The program should open some acquired data directly on OpenOffice scalc. To do that it looks on the registry the Path of scalc. There seems to be some problems accessing the registry: The vi "Open Registry Key.vi" working normally on XP returns a -604 error on Windows 7.

Any hints?

Thank you.

Error -604 is "Access Denied". Its probably the UAC (User Account Control) which was first introduced in Vista and consequently first disabled in Vista :rolleyes:.

Try disabling UAC and see if that helps.

Disabling UAC

Edited by ShaunR

You could also try opening the registry key in read-only mode - A lot of HKLM is read-only to regular users (without UAC elevation) and if your just reading a path this shouldnt be an issue.

One of the inputs to the open registry key gives you an enum with things like read-key, write-key, etc - choose the one that looks the most like "read only" (I dont have a windows + LV machine around right now)

You could also try opening the registry key in read-only mode - A lot of HKLM is read-only to regular users (without UAC elevation) and if your just reading a path this shouldnt be an issue.

One of the inputs to the open registry key gives you an enum with things like read-key, write-key, etc - choose the one that looks the most like "read only" (I dont have a windows + LV machine around right now)

KEY_READ

Hello,

thank you very much for your reply.

The "security access mask" vi control was by default at "KEY_READ | KEY_WRITE".

Changing this control to "KEY_READ" solves the problem.

Regards.