Opening Installer Build Spec Takes A While [LV2009]

[LV2009]

Whenever I open an installer build spec, that is for a med + size app, I have to wait ages for the dialog to appear, then wait a bit more for it to become editable.

(Way more than for a executable build spec, and sometimes that takes a bit)

Sometimes I find its easier to edit the XML directly then to wait, (off the top of my head, I can't remember 86 being as bad)

Its like its doing a bunch of checks, but nothing really changes between opening it from the last time.

I am talking minutes... ...anyone know why?

Cheers

-JG

[LV2009]

Whenever I open an installer build spec, that is for a med + size app, I have to wait ages for the dialog to appear, then wait a bit more for it to become editable.

(Way more than for a executable build spec, and sometimes that takes a bit)

Sometimes I find its easier to edit the XML directly then to wait, (off the top of my head, I can't remember 86 being as bad)

Its like its doing a bunch of checks, but nothing really changes between opening it from the last time.

I am talking minutes... ...anyone know why?

Cheers

-JG

You running LV x32 on a Win x64?

x86 for me:

Running 32-bit LV2009.SP1 at the moment.

x86 32-bit or 64-bit?

I have both installed under win7 64-bit. It takes about 15seconds just to launch 32-bit LV. About 5 seconds to launch 64-bit LV. Disk IO is particularly sluggish using WOW 64

Edited by ShaunR

x86 32-bit or 64-bit?

I have both installed under win7 64-bit. It takes about 15seconds just to launch 32-bit LV. About 5 seconds to launch 64-bit LV. Disk IO is particularly sluggish using WOW 64

Sorry, not x86-64, just x86-32 (I implied 32-bit).

Are you talking installer build spec speeds - or launching LabVIEW itself?