how to upload image into labview

loco

What do you think LabVIEW is?

From what I can tell Google Sketchup is a 3D moddeling software tool, like CAD. LabVIEW is a programming language, Like C++ or Java, or Perl (but nothing like any of them). Opening a SKP file is not supported in LabVIEW unless you write your own parser for it, in which case you would need to know the structure of the SKP file.

I've only ever seen this done with Solidworks. I did play with it once many moons ago. It wasn't easy and didn't work very well since it required the CAD designers to define all the dynamics (which they didn't normally do). I don't know if you could do something with Sketchup.

But here's a good place to start..

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/10592#toc3

Edited by ShaunR

tq..what is other type of files that can be used?? i need to simulate a rocket flight control sys.. and can u tell me how to upload the image plz..

Well. I can only talk about Solidworks. But it wasn't an image. It was a VRML file and you wrote a VI that solidworks could interact with. As such, you created a Solidworks plug-in.

If you just want to get the image on the front panel, you can just download a jpg or png and use the "Import Image To Clipboard" and paste it on the front panel. . You could overlay Labview controls like dial gauges etc which you could use to simulate the controls with programming. But I don't think you will be able to define everything in the 3D package and just "import" to get a working simulation.

ok.. i got it.. can i import several image to represent the four fins of the rocket? do you think its a good idea.. or should i follow the air plane bank example in labview2009?? btw im a newbie.. and still hasnt decide on the control diagram of the rocket.. what i got now is just ideas..