Unable to create XControl properties in LV2010

Hi,

I'm gearing up to start development of our next two projects in LV2010 and noticed I'm unable to create properties and methods on XControls (either new ones or existing ones from earlier LV versions). I checked this on LV2010f2 32bit version as well as on LV2010 64bit version. See what happens in the vid linked below.

http://screencast.com/t/IOBg5ir4y

Same happens for method creation.. LV then creates a 'normal' VI instead of a method VI.

I was unable to find any info or reports on this here and on the dark side..Maybe, I'm missing something here, but if this is a bug, it's quite a showstopper for me. We'll have to stay on 2009 then.

Anyone else noticed this weird behaviour?

Hi,

I'm gearing up to start development of our next two projects in LV2010 and noticed I'm unable to create properties and methods on XControls (either new ones or existing ones from earlier LV versions). I checked this on LV2010f2 32bit version as well as on LV2010 64bit version. See what happens in the vid linked below.

http://screencast.com/t/IOBg5ir4y

Same happens for method creation.. LV then creates a 'normal' VI instead of a method VI.

I was unable to find any info or reports on this here and on the dark side..Maybe, I'm missing something here, but if this is a bug, it's quite a showstopper for me. We'll have to stay on 2009 then.

Anyone else noticed this weird behaviour?

Just save all. You will notice that it asks you to save the read/write vis (they have been created). Then the VIs will become visible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

issue with properties seems to be more frightening...

Seemingly, create a method doesn't work as it's works in previous LabVIEW version.

1. New method created is view as a simple VI by Xctl
  2. If you try to open XCtl properties you obtain the following messages
  3. post-853-0-88875200-1289819327_thumb.png
  4. post-853-0-01427600-1289819359_thumb.png
  5. Then, property window exit

To fix this you need to close the xctl. At the next open, the method is correctly viewed by the xctl and xctl properties are accessible.

NB : this behavior is the them with a non-saved property

This is note good for all who have invest time to use XControls and build part of their development this feature.

Hope that SP1 will fixe these issues...