Re-route wires...

Wouter

Hello,

I have a "numeric control" wired to a "build array function". Now what I want to achieve is to get the reference of the wire which is connecting the "numeric control" with the "build array function". When I have this reference I delete the "numeric control" and re-route the now broken wire to a new control.

My question... How do I do this? I tried all sort of combinations with the available reference that were provided to me by the property node.

vi_script.vi

1290793911-10.png

test.vi

1290793941-240.png

-edit- the vi snippets don't seem to work...

test.vi

vi_script.vi

vi_script_control_get_position.vi

vi_script_delete.vi

Edited by Wouter

I have not had any time to play with scripting before, and still don't. I am very excited about it though, so have been playing with this problem. I have found out how to connect a wire, in the case that you didn't want to delete the original control. However, apparently the seemingly easy way of deleting the wire segment, "is not yet implemented." (That is directly from the error cluster) Rewiring all of the segments after deleting the wire is the alternative.

post-17903-0-84395800-1290829332_thumb.p

Edited by SuperS_5

Ah a shame the replace thing doesn't work on all cases. If you want to replace a control, for example, you can only replace it by a other control but not by a constant or indicator. There are some few exceptions however... for example you can replace a constant by a control... this is the result:

1290859377-660.png

xD

Ah a shame the replace thing doesn't work on all cases. If you want to replace a control, for example, you can only replace it by a other control but not by a constant or indicator. There are some few exceptions however... for example you can replace a constant by a control... this is the result:

1290859377-660.png

xD

You can use the "Toggle" or "Change to Control" properties for this.

http://www.screencast.com/users/Phallanx/folders/Jing/media/6d33f01c-4961-4c88-9944-e3290ab349a0

• Like 1

You can use the "Toggle" or "Change to Control" properties for this.

http://www.screencast.com/users/Phallanx/folders/Jing/media/6d33f01c-4961-4c88-9944-e3290ab349a0

That is really nice. I just only thought of it that I don't need to change control to constants or indicators or the other way around for my application, however still thanks for the webcast. Now I know how to do that for when I need it.

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the "owner" of a control? For example...

I have a numeric control. Now I want to change that to a array of numeric controls. Now what I want to do is kind of "encapsulate" the numeric control by a array so that I don't have to replace/delete control for the array and then insert the numeric control.

I have a numeric control. Now I want to change that to a array of numeric controls. Now what I want to do is kind of "encapsulate" the numeric control by a array so that I don't have to replace/delete control for the array and then insert the numeric control.

I believe there's already an RCF or Quick Drop plugin which does this (probably the latter). Try searching for "convert to array" or something along those lines.

You can use "Owner Refum" input on create object vi, or move method of invoke node.

post-17903-0-34259200-1290924795_thumb.p

Yes but I would like to switch the two blocks in your diagram... So what I want to do:

- Select the constant/indicator/controller from the diagram

- Create the array and put that existing constant/indicator/controller in the array (without losing wire connections).

So basically wrapping the existing controller with a array.