Can't recursively zip directory with "ZLIB Compress Directory" when password specified

There's a bug in "ZLIB Compress Directory" where it fails if a password is specified.

If you try it, it will result in a file permission error:

post-17-0-26248800-1301863262_thumb.png

I fixed this error by not passing in a password to the "ZLIB Store" for directories, and only passing in the password for files (as shown below).

post-17-0-98784900-1301863090_thumb.png

Here's the fixed VI.

ZLIB Compress Directory__ogtk -- BUGFIX.vi

There's a bug in "ZLIB Compress Directory" where it fails if a password is specified.

If you try it, it will result in a file permission error:

post-17-0-26248800-1301863262_thumb.png

I fixed this error by not passing in a password to the "ZLIB Store" for directories, and only passing in the password for files (as shown below).

Actually a better fix is to apply the correct logic in ZLIB Store File.vi itself, since in there is already code to detect if the entry is a file or directory. I will look into this as soon as I have finished setting up the essential tools on my new machine, since the old machine is kind of dieing, I rather don't want to use it for any work anymore.

Actually a better fix is to apply the correct logic in ZLIB Store File.vi itself, since in there is already code to detect if the entry is a file or directory. I will look into this as soon as I have finished setting up the essential tools on my new machine, since the old machine is kind of dieing, I rather don't want to use it for any work anymore.

That sounds like a good way to do it. Thanks for your work on this.