App Build Error

So I built an application that I had built many times before, and when it finished there was an error.

ThanksNIError.png

I turned on error logging and when I built it again it worked just fine. Figured I'd share. I'd just never seen a blank error before. This was LabVIEW 2010 SP1 Windows 7 32-bit.

So I built an application that I had built many times before, and when it finished there was an error.

I turned on error logging and when I built it again it worked just fine. Figured I'd share. I'd just never seen a blank error before. This was LabVIEW 2010 SP1 Windows 7 32-bit.

I've gotten errors like that in 8.6 and 2010. Typically I've tried again or restarted LabVIEW. I've also seen the reverse where I am able to compile with the log file turned on, but my coworker could not (he could compile with logging turned off).

Tim

I've seen that before. IIRC it occurs when I have a Windows Explorer window open displaying the folder where the built application is going to be saved. Close the window or move one directory up and the error goes away.

Yup, happens depending on the phase of the moon and what not. I'm not saying having the destination folder open in explorer can't cause the error, but I've had it open plenty of times and not had problems. I've had the error creep up for builds I've run many times which have not changed (from static tags in a CVS system). Restart, hope for the best, and the problem might go away depending on any number of random factors. Yes, that's the most professional and scientific answer I can muster for this one. Good luck?