Arrayproblem :(

Hi,

I think l don't come to grips with arrays yet :wacko:

I have an array in which my port names should be transfered. To the right of this are seperate stings, but under these string fields I have an array which should filled instead of the strings adapted to the port names. And adapted to this the lde array should work.

Above you can choose the ports.

In case "do nothing" I tried to start the configuration from the ports with a click of the start button "GO" for filling array4 with the value from test tx.

I deleted all other features of my vi that I get a vi only for the rs232.

I notice that the VI has the same front panel colors as your website.

This must be a fortuitousness :rolleyes:

In any case, could you send all the missing vi's? With all the sub-vi's missing, it's hard to determine what the problem is. Just goto your file menu from the toplevel and choose save with options. When prompted, save everything to an *.llb.

2181[/snapback]

Oh, save with options is so easy...and I searched everytime for all .vi's :headbang: :laugh:

...oh, the attachments :headbang: ...I am still tired :oops:

It is worked fine.

Would You explain again, where is a problem?

Control "Array 2" should contain port names, but where You set them? Or someone must to fill it first in?

Same "Test Rx 2".

2216[/snapback]

Ok, I set the port in the TX combination field. Same with RX.

RX should be displayed in "Array 2". OK, maybe it will be better if I have one array more, for displaying TX alongside RX in the lower part. [Tx (displayed port) |on (text)| Rx (displayed port) | test string | led ]

Then I write something in "Write test string". Now I must click "port configuration" for writing the tx port into "array 4". Now you can click "start" and the "test string" should displayed in the sting underneath (should be an array, too, not a different string fields). If the result compare with the test string the led on the right should be green. This works.

But if I want to enter a second Tx and Rx I get problems. The second combination field should displayed in the second string filed (array element) and with the second led.

And this is my problem. Filling the arrays under the Tx/Rx settings with the correct choosen ports and test string.

Now I managed it to connect the equal symbol with the led array ("array 5"). I don't know if it is a good solution. I take "boolean to (0,1)" then "number to boolean array" and wire my led array.

But I have still a problem to replace the string "read buffer" with the array "array read buffer".

I choose Tx and Rx, I click the configuration button, I type in a test string and click the start button. (I have a connection with a null modem cable)

Result: my choosen port is displayed in "array 2", the test string was written in the "read buffer" and the first led from "array 5" is green.

It is consequently no problem with the first element in the arrays. But if a choose tx/rx on the second, third, fourth.. position, it won't work. (because it's not an array, I think).

If I will wire "array read buffer" instead "read buffer" I get this failure:

Type of source is sting

Type of drain is 1-D-array of sting.

What could I do to wire this? :lightbulb: