Heap Peak - F button not working

I'm trying to use the Heap Peak to get rid of some insane objects. However I am having problems with the F button. I've highlighted the appropriate entry in the right window, but for some reason clicking the F button does nothing. Now this vi has several tabs. It is possible its on a hidden tab and that's why it is not showing up?

Anyone have any experience with this?

I am using 2011 SP1 F1 if that helps.

What is this Heap Peek you speak of? If I had heard of such a thing, I would wonder what type of object you had selected. Some objects might not have a visual representation that could be highlighted. Some might not be visible. You may be able to look up the object's owners until you find something that can be highlighted.

• Like 1

The first question was facetious. The rest was serious. For non-selectable sub-objects (like terminals) we usually walk up its owners until we find an object that is selectable and highlight that object. The object you found may be one we don't do that on. If you can tell us what kind of object it is, we might be able to confirm that.

It shouldn't be totally disconnected from the rest of your VI, because sanity checking actually detects these "orphaned" objects and removes them.

Perhaps I should have explained more, but I figured if someone had to ask what the heap peak window was, then they wouldn't know the answer to my question.

Considering that Heap Peak is a totally unsupported, officially non-existing feature in LabVIEW, your thinking is clearly VERY wrong. Most people, including many working within NI, don't know about it and those who know only will admit it, when forced with a gun at their head :shifty: .

Besides as asbo has already hinted to, explaining yourself is always a good idea if you hope to get help from others. These fora are in fact based on almost exclusively voluntary efforts and if I have to start to guess what someone might mean, I'm and most others are very quick to dismiss the post and move to something more interesting. There are simply to many questions in the world to spend time on everyone.